Tips for Bathroom Remodeling
Don’t you just love a beautiful bathroom? I could spend all day looking at bathrooms. Being a long-time city dweller (and renter!) I know exactly what I want and don’t want. This is another area were having an expert in the family is also very helpful.
What most people don’t know is that remodeling a bathroom can be very pricey, and can even rival a kitchen remodel in terms of costs, for a space that’s a quarter of the size. Here are some things to consider if you are remodeling a bathroom:
- There are SIX different elements that go into a bathroom remodel, no matter what the size of the room is. You need a contractor, a plumber, an electrician, a tile installer, a cabinet installer, and someone to paint and wallpaper. This is often overlooked from a cost perspective, so when creating a budget make sure the labor is factored in.
- Once you start a remodel all electrical, plumbing, etc. needs to be up to the latest Code Requirements. Outlets and lighting fixtures often need to be upgraded and replaced to meet these requirements so be sure to factor that in, as well.
- Removing a tub and replacing with a shower can add significant costs to a remodel. Adding an additional sink will also add to the costs (more plumbing!).
- As with a kitchen lifestyle should be considered as well. As gorgeous as a large stand up shower looks, if you have (or plan to have) little ones, you need a tub.
- Love the idea of heated floors? The good news here is that they are worth the money, with nominal costs to your electricity bill.
If you need some inspiration, I loved these ideas via House Beautiful…Happy remodeling!