DC (Summer) Bucket List
A few weeks ago a good friend suggested I put together a bucket list for what I want to do before I leave. I never do things like that, but over the last few weeks I have come across some things that I would really like to do and have strated to make some plans. I also meant to make a summer bucket list and never did, so this will be for both!
Here it goes…
- Visit Union Market. This year-round market featuring 40 local artisans, lots of great foods and some retail stores, it’s been open a while but I haven’t gone yet. I am going to take my cousin there while she visits this weekend.
- One last dinner at Acqua Al 2….Friday will be my third visit in four months. My favorite Italian restuarant in the city, by far.
- Screen-on-the-Green. This annual outdoor film festival on the Mall is always a good time. When I first moved here our little group of friends went quite a bit. We packed a picnic, brought some yummy wines and enjoyed chatting up a storm waiting for the sun to finally go down! We haven’t gone in the last couple of years so I think I can leverage my departure to get some friends together. I have so many great memories from these nights!
- Monuments at Night. I love the pretty monuments and will miss being able to walk to them whenever I want. Going at night is a special, very “DC“, thing to do.
- Day Trip to Frederick, MD. I have never been to Frederick and have always wanted to go. I am going to try to get a day trip in this month and use these tips from Margaret.